Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Holy heatwave batman!

Well this week has definitely been a scorcher in Beantown. I thought the new gig was going to start this week but it turns out my official start date is Monday. I met everyone in the office yesterday and they all seem very cool and my boss is awesome - very approachable (and that's rare). I am a little excited to get back to a "real" life again but still bummed out about not finding a teaching job. I am hoping that after a year more jobs will start to become available for new teachers like me. I miss my kids and wonder how they are spending their summers. September will be hard because I always get the back to school itch (even now being out of school). Something about the fall weather makes me want to buy school supplies and back to school clothes. For now I am going to keep a positive attitude and hope that this job provides me with some mental stimulation as well as a distraction from those things that I constantly am worrying about. Live in the NOW. We are all a work in progress.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."  Buddha



Until next time,



Ms. Dias

No comments:

Post a Comment